Thursday, October 25, 2007

Easy Caramel Apple's-Lori Hansen

Caramel Apples

1 1/2 cp. Sugar
1 1/2 cp. Brown Sugar
1 1/2 cp. Butter
1 1/2 cp. Corn Syrup
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Small bag of apples - about 8-12 depending on the size of the apples.

Combine and Stir constantly until a rolling boil appears. For those of you who have candy thermometers keep stirring until it is at soft ball. For those of you like me, get a glass of cold water and trickle a little bit in the glass. If it stays together it is done. If it immediately spreads keep stirring and try again.

Then the trick: My sister said you wait for the caramel to cool until it is just barely warm and then you get your apples on a stick and dip into the caramel. I did it and it was so easy and so yummy. I never thought I could do this.

If your going to decorate, decorate immediately after dipping other wise they won't stick. Enjoy.

No comments: