Monday, April 30, 2012

Clam Chowder





This is a recipe/picture off pinterest:

2 cans minced clams (undrained)
1 cup minced onion
1 cup chopped celery
2-3 cups diced potatoes
1 ½ cubes of butter or margarine
¾ cup flour
1 qt. Half and half
1 ½ tsp salt
Pinch of pepper
½ tsp. sugar
In pan, add onion, celery, and potatoes. Add enough water to cover ingredients and cook on medium for 20 minutes or until tender. Add clams.
In a separate pan, melt butter. Next add flour. Cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly. Then add half and half, salt, pepper, and sugar. Cook till thick. Add sauce to other pan then cook till thick.

P.S.  I did edit it a little bit. I cut the recipe in half and did add about 3/4 of a cup of fat free milk while making the sauce. I also only used one cube of butter with 1/2 cp. of flour for my mix. I don't like soup to thick. It turned out perfectly! I also didn't measure my vegetables perfectly I used 2 potatoes, 6 sticks of celery, and 2 carrots. I love celery in soup! I also used 1/2 of a big real onion. It was delicious. Braden ate 3 bowls. Enjoy. 

No comments: