Sunday, March 21, 2010

Heavenly Mashers *Lauren Perry*

Everyone ALWAYS asks me what I do to my mashed potatoes. Truth is, I never really follow a specific recipe. I've always just made it up as i go along (like most of my recipes). Today I took the time to stop and figure out how I make these bad boys :)

Ingredients
5-6 LARGE brown potatoes
1/2 a stick of butter
3 good size dollups of sour cream
a few good shakes of garlic salt
a few good shakes of pepper
3 cloves of garlic (keep it whole, just peel the skin off)
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 - 1 cup of parmesan cheese
(optional but SUPER YUMMY- add 1/4 cup of blue cheese- it is wonderful with the garlic and parmesan flavor)

Directions
Peel and cube the potatoes. Add to a large pot of boiling water. Add some salt (I use Kosher Salt) to the boiling water
Toss in the garlic cloves whole (but peeled)
Boil for a good 20 + minutes
Drain the water and add the garlic and potatoes back to the pot
throw in all of the above and mash with a potato masher. You don't want to overly mash the potatoes and make them like paste, its nice to have little small lumps in there.
Scoop out the mashed potatoes and place in a casserole dish. Sprinkle a bit more parmesan on top and then bake for about 20 minutes on 350 when you are ready to eat them!
Serve with gravy

No comments: