Thursday, July 16, 2009

Kaluah Pig *Lauren Perry*

I roomed at BYU with the greatest softball players from Hawaii. We had a BLAST cooking together. I would BEG them to make Hawaiian food, while they BEGGED me to make them pastas and other entrees. Needless to say, my favorite thing they made was Kaluah Pig.

Here is a tweeked version of the goodness-


Ingredients

3-4 lbs of pork butt (you could do a shoulder too)
garlic (LOTS) I probably added like 4 TBS of chopped garlic
2 TBS of Liquid Smoke (its in a bottle by the seasonings)
1/4 cup of soy sauce
1/2 cup of water
black pepper
**1/2 head of shredded cabbage (if desired)**

cook in a crock pot until the pork starts to pull and shred easily
if you love cabbage like me, shred it add it to the pork/crock pot when you have an hour less
serve over rice

No comments: