Monday, September 21, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake with Frosting *Lauren Perry*


My friend Erica (from NY) sent me this cake recipe and its delicious! I made up a frosting to go with it and I cannot begin to describe how yummy this cake is (and its the perfect treat for the Fall)!

Ingredients

1 cup oil
4 eggs
1 can of pumpkin
1/2 cup of milk
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
3 TBS cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups of chocolate chips (I did 1 cup milk chocolate 3/4 cup of white chocolate)


Directions

Oven to 350- grease and dust bundt pan
mix wet ingredients in large bowl
mix dry ingredients in another bowl
Fold the wet and dry mixture together and then mix together with a mixer for a minute
Fold in chocolate chips
pour batter into prepared pan
bake cake for about 1 hour and 20 minutes (use a toothpick to make sure middle is cooked)

Frosting

1 brick of cream cheese
2 cups of powdered sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 jar marshmellow cream
In a mixer, cream cream cheese
add marshmellow cream, brown sugar, cinnamon and powdered sugar
Refridgerate so its not as runny.


This frosting is very gooey and wonderful! It coats the bundt cake and has the perfect taste to balance out the pumpkin and chocolate. I put A TON of frosting on when I made it- but its just as good if you just drizzle a decent amount on the cake (you dont have to completely cover it). On a side note- everyone that tried my cake ended up scooping up extra frosting from the plate to put it on the cake because it is just so yummy :)

No comments: