Sunday, November 15, 2009

Onion Cheese Dip *Lauren Perry*

I got this recipe from my friend Amanda and I had to slightly modify it the first time I made it (because I could not find onion glaze). Brian has FLIPPED over this. Its his new favorite thing to eat (next to sushi)

Ingredients
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz of cream cheese
1/2 to 3/4 cup of mayo
1/2 of an onion chopped really small
5-8 pieces of cooked bacon chopped
*savory sweet onion glaze

-mix above and put in a baking dish or casserole dish
-cook in oven at 350 until bubbly and browning on top
-serve hot with Ritz crackers

How to make savory sweet onion glaze-
2 tbs of butter
1 cup of really thinly chopped onions (i used a food processor)
about 3 TBS of white sugar
2 tbs of balsamic vinegar
** add optional 2 tbs of red cooking wine if you want

put in a sauce pan and cook on high for about 5-10 minutes. Let cool slightly and add to food processor and really grind up until its like a chutney.

No comments: