Thursday, May 5, 2011

Guacamole *lauren Perry*

I always make guacamole when I make my salsa! It is super easy!

Ingredients
3-4 large ripe avocados
1/2 - 3/4 cup fresh salsa (recipe in post below)
1 tomato chopped good size chunks
1/2 tsp ground cumin
a small handful of chopped cilantro (because the salsa has plenty of cilantro in it)
2 shakes of garlic salt
1 tsp lime juice

Directions
I don't like my guacamole to be pureed. You can over mix the avocados and it is not very good that way. I scoop out the avocados into a bowl and gently press and lightly mix to get major chunks broken down. It will be mixed a bit more, you just don't want to OVER mix it early on. Add the salsa and briefly mix it in the bowl for like 10 seconds. Add seasoning, lime juice, cilantro and tomato chunks (the salsa has smaller chunks, you want some decent size chunks of tomato in your guacamole) and refrigerate for about 30 minutes

No comments: