Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cannon Queso *Lauren Perry*

This is one of Cannon's favorite "dip- dip's". He loves dipping his chips in his own little bowl :) Brian and I love it too!

This makes a ton! You can do it in a crock pot, on the stove, or in the oven. I think its easiest on the stove.

Ingredients

-1 lb of Velveeta Cheese (just buy the block and cube it into small pieces)
-1/2 white onion- chopped
-1/2 lb of ground beef
-1/2 a tub of fresh salsa (you can also use pace picante or a can of diced tomatoes with chili) I like mild salsa- but you can go according to taste
-1- 4 oz can of Diced Green Chile's (I like it mild, so I only use 1/2 can)
-dash of pepper
-dash of garlic salt

Add the diced onion and ground beef to a large pan/skillet- cook until ground beef is browned
Add Salsa
Add Diced Green Chile's ( I only use 2 oz- but if you like spicy go for 4!)
Add the 1 lb cubes of Velveeta Cheese and melt
Dash of pepper and garlic salt

Serve warm with tortilla chips or on a yummy baked potato

No comments: