Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Peanut Butter Icebox Pie *Lauren Perry*

Once you eat this pie, you will NEVER be the same again.....
your clothes will no longer fit......
all other desserts will seem like stale cookies....

I got this recipe from an amazing bakery when I was back in New York City a few years ago. I have been sheltering it because it is prized, and I like to be one of the exclusive ones to have it. I am now over my selfish phase. If you attempt to get my famous vanilla bean cupcake recipe from me, I will probably kill you first:)

Ingredients-

Crust-
-1/2 cup of softened unsalted butter
-2 cups of Vanilla wafer crums (put them in a blender or food processor to turn them into crumbs)

Filling-
-12 oz of cream cheese (aka 1 1/2 packages) Low-fat or fat-free cream cheese is for the weak!
-3 TBS sugar
-1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
-3/4 cup of heaving whipping cream
-6 Reeses Peanut Butter Cups- chopped but chunky
-3/4 cup of smooth peanut butter
-1/2 cup of carmel (I just buy the kind that goes on ice cream toppings)

garnish with some peanut butter cups and swirl carmel decorations

DIRECTIONS-
Crust- combine butter and waffer crumbs, press firmly into lightly buttered glass pie dish or ceramic baking dish. Drizzle some carmel on the crust (put clear wrap over the top and set in the freezer for 30 minutes)

Filling- Cream cheese in mixer until smooth, add sugar gradually while beating. Add vanilla, fold in heavy cream, fold in peanut butter cups.

In sep bowl, mix peanut butter and carmel

Take crust from freezer, add 1/2 of the peanut butter/carmel mix- then add 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture- then add the other 1/2 of peanut butter/carmel mix- then add the last 1/2 of cream cheese mix. Then take a fork and swirl the mixture a few times around(but dont blend). Garnish with Reeses chunks and carmel on top, add to the refridgerator

**** best made the night before you eat it, so it gets cold enough****

No comments: