Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Chili Cheese Frito Pie


Confession! I have had this recipe in my little personal cookbook for oh... I don't know somewhere around 9 years and have never made it. My friend Tasha gave me some of her's and this was one of them. Well... I had some Frito's that no one seemed to care for out of the variety pack from Costco so I thought hmm... that recipe. I was SHOCKED at how good it was. So call it the pantry dinner if you must, but so good! Then I remember being in College at U.S.U and the L.D.S. Institute fed all of the students one day chili inside little Frito bags. I remember how good it was. So this is like a little remembrance meal for me! Enjoy!!!

1 small onion cooked in butter
1 small can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 small can of Nalley Chili
1 small can of Corn
2 cps. Frito chips ( next time I am going to try chili cheese fritos)
1 cp. cheddar cheese

Mix all together in a casserole dish and microwave 8 minutes. Top with 1 cp. grated cheese, (optional. Olives), and 1 cp. Fritos. Microwave 1 more minute. Oh and I added a little dallop of fat free sour cream, tomatoes, and green onions to mine. Yum!

No comments: