Monday, October 17, 2011

Perfect Chicken Fajitas

Last night I thought I would try a new Fajita recipe. I had to tweak it a bit, but WOW was it good! Cam came home started eating, while I was busy cleaning up, and out of no where he says, "I give this meal a good 9!" It was hilarious! Sometimes he will rate the food 1-10. I should have asked why not a 10, because after his second one, I confessed and told him, I even had two, probably smaller than his, but still. It was that good!

3 or 4 chicken breast
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, loosely packed
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp Chili powder
sprinkle of salt/Pepper

and 1 tsp garlic salt
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbsp red wine vinegar

Saute: 1 medium onion, 2 green peppers, and a little bit of butter. Set aside and add to your ( just cooked tortilla, I love Costco and Sam's) tortilla with some mild cheddar cheese, and sour cream.

1. Add all ingredients (except the chicken of course!) into a blender or food processor. Blend until the whole mixture comes together.
2. Pour over Chicken, coating on both sides, in a dish or plastic bag, for one hour. ( I didn't have time and it still went great!

3. Cook Chicken in pan with a little bit of Olive oil until done on med. heat. The chicken gets so tender!

Top with cheese, onions, peppers, and sourcream! Enjoy.


No comments: